Monday, April 20, 2015

Prima DT Call Application

Hi, friends. This year my crafting goal is to "Dream Big"!!! So I decided to apply for Prima DT Call. I loved to do layouts and mixed media projects. And here's 3 Prima projects I have done.

"Art Journal"


 This is one of my past projects, created for Imaginarium Designs Team in February 2015. I altered the Prima fabric cover journal, using Prima Black Sand Texture Paste for the background textures.




"Treasure The Time" Layout


Using Prima April BAP sketch, I made this layout of my kids having fun at Sentosa Merlion Tower. I used Prima mists to create the watercolor background. Wanted to create a waterfall effect. So I also added Prima microbeads and dew drops to asimilate water droplets.  I stamped the edges with some swirls to represent plants. For the Imaginarium Designs chipboard title, I painted it pink and added glitter.





"Enchanted Garden" Canvas



Enchanted gardens, fairies are my favorite subjects for creating an art piece. I love the green, mysterious and secretive feel. So I created this 12 by 12 inches canvas, all front, back and sides. Here's the front of canvas. I want to present a bigger picture of the rose garden with a shadowy fairy approaching a Prima resin butterfly as focus. 

The centerpiece is created with texture paste over a stencil and rubbing acrylic paints over. Then I highlighted the 2 birds and the resin butterfly with Luminarte Twinking H20's. Then I cut out an opening in Prima paper (from "Butterfly Collection") and adhered to canvas (pop it up with some wood strips as shown below). 


After adhere down the paper, I spread a thick layer of modelling paste over the edges of paper and canvas to cover the wood strips and make it look like part of canvas. (Pardon the ugly lighting of the photo as I had it done in middle of night)




Then I spread texture paste over Prima stencil, Grungy Grid, added some Prima Peacock Green glass beads, dewdrops and glass pebbles  and painted them with green acrylic paint,  Prima green mica powder(mixed with water). I painted randomly with brown paint before I add Prima Velvet Glass Glitter (whole bottle mixed with Prima 3D Gloss Gel). I love the whole grass effect of the glass glitter. The last step, I added the cut out flowers from Prima Butterfly collection papers, cut out butterflies from Prima Butterfly collection and Forever Green collection, Prima flowers and my calligraphy style journaling strips.



Here's the back of the canvas. I also covered the four sides, where the canvas are stapled unto the wood frame, with modelling paste. For this part of canvas, I created a zoom in view of the rose garden, revealing the butterflies fairies. Added the Prima resin lamp post to asimilate the little world of the fairies.






I really hope I can get into the Prima DT as I love all their flowers, collections and mediums!!! :)

And here's more of my past projects using Prima goodies:

"Dream Big"
"Now And Forever" Layout

"Fairy" Canvas

"My Sweetheart Tag"

"Love Every Minute" Canvas

"Happy Anniversary" Tag
That's all for my sharing. Thanks Prima for the chance. And thanks all for dropping by. Have a crafty week.


No comments:

Post a Comment