Thursday, May 17, 2012

"Sweet Memories, Happy Together" Canvas

Hi, everyone!! Here I am again!! Today I want to share my first DT assignment with My Little Shoebox. Loved their papers. So bright and cute!!

For this canvas, I used "Aiko" collection. Loved the Japanese dolls and sakura flowers and the clouds. When I got this collection, I was awestruck by one of the dolls (carrying the umbrella). It resembles my girl (you can see in the picture how similar they look) and they are both so so cute!!! In this picture, you could see that both my kids are on their "bicycles". Love that my girl was quite protective of her brother as she held onto the handle bar of her brother's bicycle. My son was less than 1 year old at that time and still don't know how to sit very well. He was basically placed there just to capture this picture. :P


Here's what I did: I used multi-medium to adhere all papers unto the canvas. I painted the sides of the canvas and the edges of each papers. Then I apply rub-ons and adhere the photo.

I love my canvas to be more dimensional so I added 3 smaller canvases(covered with papers). Punched and layered the grasses and adhere flowers stickers in between. Then I added the Prima bicycle metal charm. Lastly I adhere the titles with foam dots.

Here are some close-up views.


Well, I hope you are inspired to do up a canvas using My Little Shoebox papers. Have a nice day and thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment