Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"My Art Journal" - Life's Journey

Hello!!! Today I want to share my art journal with you. I made this for the "Your Living Canvas" workshop conducted by Christy Tomlinson.

Found a second hand story book at a 2nd hand books store. Love that the butterflies and title "Journey" seems to be in line with the Week One class of "Your Living Canvas" workshop.


After adding lots of mediums (gesso, multi medium, decoupage, acrylic paints, light modelling paste, rub-ons, Faber Castell Pitt artist pens and so on), here's the final result!!! Love my art journal!! And love the blue butterfly!!! Really, theres no hard and fast rule to mixed media!!


I'm so looking forward to creating the rest of the pages!!! Its really very relaxing to get inky, painty!!! Well, for some, it might seem like mixed media is abit "dark" (well, some works are!! :P), but its really like an art therapy for alot of people, including me!! Life's stresses and trials can be very hard on alot of us. But whenever I get paints on my hands, its like all the troubles and stresses had melted away!! Probably because I love ART!! I get so immersed in painting that I forgot all about the rest!! Its fun and a cure to all my stresses!!! Thank God for being creative and passing down the creative genes to us. I believe everyone is born an Artist. You just need to draw them out!! :-)

Well, have fun painting!!

1 comment: