Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Donna Downey "Altered Brush" Project

Hello, friends. Sorry for being missing in action. Been rushing alot of assignments lately. Phew!! Quite overwhelmed and swamped with projects to do. Plus a new venture with friends which I'm going to share later.

Today, I want to share an exciting project. Not sure any of you are aware of this "Altered Brush" Project by Donna Downey, one of my favourite designers. I always love her creations!! And I'm so honored to even be mentioned in her blog. Basically, this project by Donna Downey involved purchasing one of her brushes and altering and sending it back to be displayed in her studio. Can you imagine the excitement of my project on her studio wall??? AHHHH..... I'm so excited. Overexcited!!!! ha ha...

Without further ado, here's my altered brush:

 I used this picture on Donna Downey's blog as its much clearer than mine. Got to admit I'm not a good photographer. 

This is my favourite color palette. I painted the brush blue on top and pink at bottom. Then I used a sea sponge to sponge some white to the blue. Added a lace at brush area.


I love this flower paper from My Little Shoebox so I cut and curled them to make them look more dimensional. I added texture paste and acrylic paints to the chipboard frame. Added a acrylic sheet behind the chipboard frame and tinted it with blue stained glass (Tattered Angels).


For these pearls wires, I threaded them with jewery wires and twisted them together around the brush.

This is the back of the namecard. I used chalk ink over Crafter's Workshop stencil and added the swarovski crystals on them. Loved these shiny swarovski crystals that I got from my dear friend, Lina.

I hope you like my altered brush. Do drop by Donna Downey's blog to take a look at her creations too. Thanks for visiting.

1 comment: