Friday, July 20, 2012

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge - Patterned Paper Only

Hi, its been awhile since I posted my last project. Been quite busy lately. Time passes so fast. This week at Frosted Designs, we challenge you to use only patterned papers for your projects (strictly no cardstock). You can still use other embellishments. And this week's sponsor is Boys Rule Kits

And here's my take on the challenge:

Altered Prima Canvas Cover

I cut out the flowers from Echo Park papers and layered them to form the dimensional flowers. I also punched out butterflies from Melissa Frances paper. One of my favourite styles is adding glimmer mists. So for the cover, I sprayed with Tattered Angels glimmer mists and using distress inks to bring out the resist pattern of the Prima canvas cover. And again, this is done with my favourite colour combo: Pink, Teal/Aqua Blue/Turqouise (almost the same to me) and brown. I also added some pearls randomly across the cover. Inside the album is papers from same collection. I intend to use this album as my DIY smash book.

I also added some Prima resist canvas flowers and inked them with distress inks. Also added some Prima felt leaves. And below are some close ups:


I love the resist patterns. For the butterflies, I inked the edges with distress ink and added some glitter.


I popped up the "inner parts" of the flower cut-outs and added glitter too.

I hope you like my project. So do hop over to Frosted Designs to join in our challenge for the week. Have a fun week and I got some more projects that I would like to share with you in the next few days. 

Thanks for dropping by. And do join in my 3rd Blog Candy too. Have fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol
    I love your creation. Amazing! Great JOB!~
    Thanks for your inspirations.
    -Sony
    sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout. Those flowers are beautiful

    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete