Friday, July 6, 2012

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge - Washi Tape

Its Fabulous Friday again!! This week at Frosted Designs, we are challenging you to use washi tape or masking tape for your projects. You can use ready made washi tape or DIY ones. Its such fun and easy to use these tapes to beautify your creations. And this week's sponsor is My Little Shoebox. Do hop over to Frosted Designs to join in the challenge and to My Little Shoebox to see their yummilicious new Summer 2012 collections.

And here's my take on the washi tape challenge:

"DIY Stickers" Glass Jar and Candy Gift Box
I DIY my own washi tape. Do drop by Frosted Designs on Sunday too as I will be sharing a tutorial on how to make your own washi tape. I used my DIY washi tape on the glass jar and the window of the candy gift box. Loved the translucent look of them. I used the glass jar to store my DIY stickers using papers from My Little Shoebox.

For the lid of the jar, I also used washi tape (ready made) to make into a flower.

The yellow flowery washi tape on the jar is the DIY washi tape using adhesive tape and My Little Shoebox paper. Then I used another ready made washi tape as a border.

I made this candy gift box using the latest Sizzix die. The window was made by adhering the DIY washi tape unto a transparency. Loved the flowery and transparent window. I can't wait to make more of this gift box for my kids' birthday parties. Its such fun!!

So do join in the fun at Frosted Designs. And do stay tune for Sunday's tutorial on DIY washi tape.
Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment