Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Little Shoebox and Punky Sprouts

Hello!! Just wanted to share my project at My Little Shoebox. For May, we had a product swap with Punky Sprouts. And I got to work on their Teenie-Beanie Sprout album. And here's what I have done:

"Six Wonderful Years"

This Punky Sprout album is made up of chipboards, corrugated boards and canvas.

For the cover, I played with gesso and Faber Castell Big Brush Pens. Included with the album are the blue twine, cupcake liners (which I made into a flower combined with My Little Shoebox 3-D flower) and denim strips (which I used to mat the title "Six" and also tie around the rings).

For these pages, I painted over with gesso as well. I tore away the surface of the corrugated board (banner shaped) to expose the inside and paint over with gesso.

Here, I masked and misted the canvas using Tattered Angels glimmer mist. Die-cut the MLS paper and use the negative to frame the canvas.

I used the same masking and misting for this side of the canvas as well. Also painted the background of another page with gesso and acrylic paint.

For the rolled flower, I used the denim strips provided and paired with MLS 3-D flowers.

I made a pocket on this side of the canvas to store additional journaling notes. And I combined the banners from MLS(paper banner) and Punky Sprouts(denim banner). Again I tore the surface of the corrugated board.

I pop up the clouds in this last page.

The back cover of the album was converted into a clipboard using 7 Gyspies clipboard Clip. This is to store extra journaling notes or documents. I layered some MLS papers over the coat of gesso.


Supplies used:
Aiko - 11812 Little Princess        - 11813 Bouquet                  - 11814 Blue Sky
        - 11815 Festival                        - 11816 One FIne Day        - 11817 Happy Notes
        - 11819 Kiss and Sky                - 11811 3-D Roll up flower diecut
        - 11821 Cardstock sticker      - 11820 March                      - 08432 Mini alpha stickers - Sky
        - 08429 Mini alpha stickers - Brownie
Punky Sprouts Teenie-Beanie Sprout Mini Album
Cardstock (Bazzill)
Chicken wire template (The Crafter'sWorkshop)
Clipboard clip (7-Gypsies)
Gesso (Claudine Hellmuth)
Multi-medium (Claudine Hellmuth)
Acrylic paints (Claudine Hellmuth, Daler Rowney)
Glimmer mists (Tattered Angels)
Gelatoes (Faber Castell)

What I love about Punky Sprouts album is that there are different types of album bases: chipboards, canvas, corrugated boards and I get to try different techniques on each type. And I didn't really cover all pages with papers as I would love to "expose" their textures and show some of the "raw" surfaces. 

Well, I hope you are inspired to try out this album by Punky Sprouts. Do hop on over to My Little Shoebox to view the beautiful creations of our design team members. 

Thanks for viewing!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cuteeee mini! I love the flower you made with the cupcake cups and the page's you tore the top off to make more of shabby chic/vintage look. TFS....Christina

    ReplyDelete