Monday, October 1, 2012

Oh Deer!! In The Woods

Hi, friends!! Thanks for dropping by. It had been a busy month in Sept. A lot of crafting done. But still a lot undone in my "to do" list!!

For My Little Shoebox's DT Sept assignment, I made 2 cards and a project using the "Oh Deer!" collection. I love this paper collection!! The deers, the mushrooms are so so cute!!!

"My Deer Friend" Postcard Card


For this card, I layered a few papers and popped up the journaling tag. I cut out the "stamps" from the paper and stamped over them with Purple Onions postal stamp. My hubby is a stamp collector hence I also affected by him. So I'm always on the lookout for "postal stamps" stuff.


I made this card for a dear friend of mine. She loves postal related scrapbook stuff as well. I hope she like this card.

"I Wood Like To Say" Card


I love wood grain paper.When I saw this paper, I simply had to make a tree trunk card.I popped up the journalling tag sticker to make it look like a "sign". I layered and popped up the leaves and acorn stickers to make them look like they are part of the tree. 


I also decorated the inside of the card with journalling tag and stickers. Made this card for my hubby. We celebrated our 8th Wedding Anniversary on 11 Sept. Yap, its 11 Sept!! 

"Oh Deer! My Mushroom Dollhouse"


I always love dollhouses. So when I saw this paper collection, the idea of making a mushroom dollhouse for my girl formed naturally. My girl has been asking me to make a dollhouse for her.



And to make it a more stable and stronger dollhouse, I went to my local craft store and grabbed some basswood, foam board and the foam dome. I sawed the wood, adhered the papers and sanded down for the walls and floors. It was a tough job to saw with a mini saw, especially when I sawed them indoor at my master bedroom floor. After gluing the wood pieces with wood glue, I nailed them together. This was a fun but tiring project. My arms were sore after that.


I painted the "mushroom head" with acrylic paint and adhered the punched circles with multi medium. I used the journalling tags as the "carpets". The furnitures are from my and my girl's toy collection. I made the 2 deers stand with MLS stickers and chipboard. They are the "owners" of this dollhouse.


For the sides of the dollhouse, I also adhered some trees and mushroom stickers. Love the wood grain paper!!!! It really give the mushroom doll house a woodsy feeling!!


I made a photo frame (cant see well from here) on the wall of one of the deers.


These are the 2 "owners" of the dollhouse. Aren't they adorable??


I pasted MLS paper unto the round wood and glued wooden spools as the legs. Also sand down the paper. I made bowls out of the leaves diecut and adhered the acorn stickers unto chipboard as the food.


This small, simple corner garden was made using the 3D roll up flowers and pots of mulberry flowers. I diecut the lamp post with Sizzix die. Popped up the grasses and mushrooms with mega 3D foam dots.

My girl loved this dollhouse. So am I!! After seeing my project, my hubby asked me why I didn't join in the construction industry (he's a civil engineer). Ha ha.. 

Thats all for today. I hope you are inspired by my projects. Do hop over to My Little Shoebox
Have a fun week. And do drop by and leave a comment to win my 3rd Blog Candy

4 comments:

  1. This is a very cute and clever project - thanks for sharing on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh carol! i adore the dollhouse!!! and you actually used a saw to saw the wood!! *bow*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love these projects! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project Carol, I love it:)
    Well done:)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete