Thursday, August 13, 2015

Part 2 - "The Repair Shop"

Hi, this is part 2 of my sharing on my miniature repair shop. Today I want to share how I do the tool boxes and some of the small details of the shop.


Pardon the mess on my table. >.< There's 2 boxes under the table for this shop. One is a tool box and the other a crate. Both are made from kraft paper and a thin cardboard. Here's the 2 templates before assemble:

For this tool box, I inserted and adhered a toothpick into the 2 holes I poke on the tall sides of box.



Here's the back of the shop:

"The Repair Shop"

"The Repair Shop"
For the chipboard spade top picket fence, I left it raw and only rub some distress ink over to dirty it. For the wooden base, I cut and painted strips of wood over the edge to have a finished look and also to support the fence.

For the top of the shop, I added strips of painted white decorative wood strips to give a finished look too.

"The Repair Shop"

"The Repair Shop"
Under the decorative lining, I added a gutter and a pipe with "real" water. The gutter is made with strips of wood and paper strips and colored with Viva Decor Inka Gold-Graphite. For the pipe, I used a round wood strip and a small part that I break out from a stick (not sure its for tying balloon or lolly pop).


This is the part (circled) that I break out and used for the bottom of pipe. I colored it with Viva Decor Inka Gold-Graphite then glued and covered the joining part with a fabric tape(also colored with the Viva Decor Inka Gold). Then I squeezed out some Woodlands Scenic Water Effects into the gutter and the end of the pipe and unto the felt floor. The Water Effects dry transparent. So I painted over with blue Shimmerz Paint Spritz to make it more realistic.

That's all for today's sharing. Tomorrow I will share on making the vines, flowers, pile of leaves, rake and aprons (in the shop).

Do hop over to Imaginarium Designs and leave a comment to win a pack of chipboards and have a look at more complete pictures of my project.

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment