Saturday, July 12, 2014

Off The Rails Scrapbooking - Something New & Exciting

Something new is happening at Off The Rails Scrapbooking. And I'm so excited to share this news with you all. From July 2014 onwards, we are going to have one challenge a month instead of fortnightly. This will allow you more time to create. Indeed our creative juices sometimes take time to squeeze out. LOL...  But on and off our DT team will have projects featured during the whole month to inspire you. So be sure to go over often to check out the amazing projects.

And here's the challenge this month: A mood palette



Our sponsor this month is Rachael Funnell. She's one of our DT member too. 
http://awindowtoomyworld.blogspot.com.au/

Inspired by the mood palette, I made a layout of my kids at the swimming pool. It's also my boy's first time in the pool.

"Time flies" LO

I used texture paste over a circles stencil to create a bubbles scene. Then I used my watercolors to go over the page to create the water effect. Pardon the white-washed effect of my photo. The actual LO is more blue than this. Then I used Simple Stories papers and stickers to to create the fun scene. Simply love Simple Stories papers!!! I also added sequins randomly across page.

IMG_0364"Time flies" LO

The title is a chipboard phrase from Imaginarium Designs. I adore chipboards!! For the top part, you can see some texture. Well, thats actually a mistake. LOL... I used a paste over it but end up not liking the effects. So I "cover" it with Donna Salazar's Mix'd Media Inx. You see.. its ok to make mistakes.. you can always rectify it and make something interesting.. :)

"Time flies" LO

I love this photo of my kids when they are younger. My son is still "fearless" of the water at that time. He even put his wet fingers in his mouth and he enjoys me carrying him like this. Now?? No more... lol... he's scared I will throw him in. lol lol...
"Time flies" LO

My hubby is usually the photographer of all our photos. So its not every time that I get to have him in the photos. And note that only my hubby is looking at the camera. lol...

Thats all for today's sharing. Do hop over to Off The Rails Scrapbooking to join in the month-long challenge. Have fun!

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment