Friday, September 6, 2013

"Poppies" Mixed Media Canvas

Hi friends. August is a busy busy month for me. Because the first Friday of September is Teacher's Day. So I had quite alot of orders the past month. So I haven't had the time to do my own crafting. And boy, I missed crafting. Its a different kind of feeling when you are crafting for orders and crafting for own pleasure. And I missed my mixed media fun!!!! Ironically, today I'm sharing a mixed media project I made few months back.

I actually take a finished canvas and altered it. I think I haven't share that original piece too. Well, I made a poppies canvas for a local scrapbooking challenge facebook group. After that, I kept looking at it and was not pleased with the look. So I went ahead and altered it again.

"Poppies" Canvas

This is the original piece. Ugly, right?
Poppies canvas

I'm not happy with this piece as I think its too busy!!! The poppies completely took the limelight from the phrase. And I don't like the orientation of the wordings too... Well, who made this? Me!! And when? In the middle of the night!!! Ha ha....

So I went and alter it to this:

Mixed Media Canvas, "Poppies"

It's still not the perfect piece. Too much space..ha ha... But it will do for now. At least I love the poppies. I painted a mixture of white acrylic paint and glass bead gel over the whole canvas, misted it and added some turquoise paint around the edges. I stamped the poppies with Donna Downey foam stamp and added some black beads as the flower center. Hmmm....should I add the leaves and doodle some borders?? hmm......

Here's some close ups:

Mixed Media Canvas, "Poppies"

Mixed Media Canvas, "Poppies"

I hope you get inspired to alter any art piece that you are not happy with. Instead of throwing away, alter it! Till you are pleased!! Art is always evolving!! I got more past projects to share. Do keep a lookout.

Thanks for dropping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment