Monday, September 30, 2013

"Altered Book" NLB Project

Hi, friends. This past month had been a busy period for me. One order after another. One sickness after another. Grandma being hospitalised too for 2 weeks. But thank God she's ok and discharged now.

Today I want to share a past project. Its actually done last year. I attended a "Altered Book" workshop organised by National Library Board last year. After the workshop the instructor invited us to take part in this "Altered Book" project with several themes. I decided to join in the theme of  "Home". Each participant is to altered a double page of hard cover gessoed story book and after done, to pass on to another participant. The finished books will be on exhibit in Bishan Library this year around June. Sorry I took so long to blog about this. :P

"Altered Book" - Heavenly Home...

"Altered Book" NLB Project

I made this page with regards to my belief, my heavenly home. I painted the background with acrylic paints, sponged/dabbed some white paint over stencil. Added the clouds, house, mixed media girl.

I used Faber Castell Big Brush Pens and gelatos for the girl and clouds. My journaling is done around the clouds.

Below are some close-ups:

"Altered Book" NLB Project close-up

"Altered Book" NLB Project close-up

"Altered Book" NLB Project close-up

"Altered Book" NLB Project close-up

 And here's the exhibit at Bishan Library.






I love mixed media. I love the no-rules part of it. Though I would love to do the messy kind of art, I find that I tend to be quite neat and not messy at all... hmmm.... I think I'm still not that "free" in my expression. Hmm.... or is that considered as my style? So I got to work on mixed media more and explore about myself through this art venture. I hope you will too..

Have fun. Thanks for visiting my blog.

3 comments: