Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"S'pore - Gnome Sweet Gnome" Layout

Hi, friends. How about some mid-month inspiration at Off The Rails Scrapbooking? This month's mood palette and sketch is quite fun!!



And here's my take on it:


Spore LO

August 9 is Singapore's National Day. This photo was taken years back where we first brought our kids to celebrate Singapore's birthday at Esplanade. It was taken at our block's void deck before we drive off. Look how happy my girl was. She's such a sweet little girl. Always love her smile.

To create the background, I take the que from my girl's t-shirt. Hand cut banners, used texture paste over stencil to create swirls, stamped with some vintage shabby swirls stamps and misted it. I used Lawn Fawn stamps from the "Gnome Sweet Gnome" collection. They are so so cute!! And oh, this month's sponsor for our challenge is none other than Lawn Fawn. So do join us to win a set of stamps of your choice.

Spore LO

I stamped the journaling on white cardstock,cut and inked them. Loved the tiny mushroom images. So so cute!!!! I had fun coloring the images with Inktense Watercolor pencils.

Spore LO

Used Simple Stories calender bingo card cut-out and circled the number 9 for the date. To make the photo abit grungy, I randomly spread some texture paste around the edges with my palette knife.

Spore LO

Here you can see the texture paste swirls in the background.

Spore LO

I hope you enjoy my project. Do hop over to Off The Rails Scrapbooking to join in the challenge. Have fun.

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment