Friday, May 16, 2014

Off The Rails Scrapbooking - Chipboards

Hi, its time for another challenge at Off The Rails Scrapbooking. This round we are challenging you to use chipboards in your projects. I love love chipboards!! So needless to say, I absolutely enjoy creating this time. And here's what I made:

"Discover" Chipboard Frame

OTR Chipboard challenge

Created a chipboard "shadow box" frame from chipboard using Sizzix die. For this project, I really want to thank my dear owl friends who gave me ideas on what to include in the theme "Discover". Used their ideas of map, window, book. Its really good to have friends who are ever ready to offer their help especially in times when I lacked mojo or ideas.

I added texture paste, paints and white chalk ink over the frame. To make my job easier, I used the color scheme I found at Pinterest.


I use the same techinique on the chipboard window.I randomly painted the chipboard clocks and gears with metallic paints. For the chipboard word, Discover, I paint with black acrylic paint and added Folkart black glitter paint too. Then inked abit with white chalk ink. 


OTR Chipboard challenge

I cut and stapled the Pink Paislee map papers into a mini map book and inked with distress inks.

OTR Chipboard challenge

From this angle, you can see the gears "hidden" behind the clocks. I used 2 chipboard gears and a metal gear.

OTR Chipboard challenge

The Tim Holtz pen nib is the perfect touch to the Discover theme. Been holding on to it for quite some time. And to add abit of feminine touch, I added Prima flowers. Love this frame. Small enough to not occupy too much space yet can "squeeze" in quite abit of elements.

I hope you all enjoy this project. Do hop on over to Off The Rails Scrapbooking to join in the challenge. And do join in my Blog Candy here too.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment